[bioontology-support] problem with rest service

Pat Bacha pat at daylight.com
Wed Oct 2 09:52:27 PDT 2013

I do not know if this is related in anyway with the changes that you
have been implementing or not but the previous rest service call that I
was using is now quitting immediately with the following error message
(no way has it timed out after 30 seconds)

' We are sorry but this call has timed out after 30 seconds. Some REST
calls can have their parameters set so that they take a very long time
to complete. A typical example is the view extraction call where the
view to be extracted is quite large. We have no workaround for this
problem at the moment.'

I have been trying with both the call for the older version of NCI
thesaursus branch that I am downloading and the current version as well
where  is my key value

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/viewextractor/50373/?&conceptid=C12219&ontologyname=anatomy.owl&apikey=eea925a0-1234-46ed-999c-c0fdf0a87540
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/viewextractor/50586/?&conceptid=C12219&ontologyname=anatomy.owl&apikey=eea925a0-1234-46ed-999c-c0fdf0a87540

Any help would be appreciated,