[bioontology-support] New triple-store backend

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 2 13:46:37 PDT 2013

Previously we stored data in Protégé 3 database format and the LexEVS
database format. These were migrated to a triple store by reparsing the
original ontology files (we didn’t try to migrate the previous formats).
We were driven to make this change because we wanted a uniform way to
store things and wanted to be able to provide a SPARQL based access to the
underlying ontologies and metadata.

Ray