[bioontology-support] Reporting hierarchy problem

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:33:33 PDT 2013

Marc,

Actually what I see is somewhat different. I see that "African American"
is a subclass of itself. "African" has a few subclasses but none of these
has children.

In any case, we agree that it is pointless to have "African American"
inherit from itself, even if the original ontology contains this
relationship. We will remove it. Longer chains (A inherit from B which
inherits from A) are more difficult to remove.

Ray