[bioontology-support] recognize only exact term and synonyms?

Xin.H hxin87 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 12:11:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

I was using the NCBO Annotator for some disease concept recognizing
work(with Human Disease Ontology HDO) when I notice that some very
obvious-terms are not recognized by NCBO Annotator. One example will be
'ALZHEIMER DISEASE' (without the 's).  After I checked with more examples,
I noticed that the tool is doing exact match for term's or synonyms in HDO
so when there are variants in the words, it won't work as expect. Is this
true or did I do anything wrong?

Cheers,
Xin