[bioontology-support] *bump* subtree search in the new API

Lee M Surprenant lmsurpre at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 24 11:55:18 PDT 2013

Any chance someone could look into this?

----- Forwarded by Lee M Surprenant/Raleigh/IBM on 10/24/2013 02:50 PM
-----

From:	Lee M Surprenant/Raleigh/IBM
To:	support <support at bioontology.org>
Date:	10/17/2013 04:02 AM
Subject:	subtree search in the new API

Does the new REST API support subtree search?

For instance, the v1 API supported it via subtreerootconceptid parameter
(when used with a single ontologyids value):
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=history%20and%20physical&ontologyids=1032&subtreerootconceptid=C43431&includeproperties=1&includedefinitions=true&pagesize=15&apikey=YOUR_API_KEY_HERE

A potential substitute for subtree search for me would be the ability to
scope/filter a search by 'semantic type' but I couldn't figure that out
either.

In fact, I can't even get the search to include the semantic type in the
results.  For this information I must make a separate API call per search
result?

The documentation didn't make it clear if the 'Common Parameters' were
intended to work with search/annotator/resourceIndex endpoints or just the
resources themselves.  I assume the latter because using the 'include'
parameter on the search endpoint caused an "Internal Server Error":
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=melanoma&ontologies=NCIT&include=all&apikey=YOUR_API_KEY
_HERE

thanks,

Lee Surprenant