[bioontology-support] JSON format exception in new API

Erik Fäßler erik.faessler at uni-jena.de
Fri Oct 25 08:01:14 PDT 2013

Dear support team,

I just wanted to report a case where the value of a field was of an unexpected type. I don’t whether this is intended; I rather think this could be filtered server-side.

The class with ID http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/UBERON_2000463 of the NIFSTD ontology specifies

“description”:false

where I expected to be an array of strings. In all other cases I had seen, the value of the description field is an empty array in case there is no description. The boolean “false” value crashed my JSON parsing.

Just wanted you to know, I will try and handle this in my code.

Best regards,

Erik