[bioontology-support] [Biomodels-net-support] bioportal/identifiers.org mapping

N Juty juty at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 03:33:08 PDT 2013

Hi Maxwell,

You should also bear in mind that not all of the BioPortal Ontologies
are in the Identifiers.org Registry. If there are any particular ones
that you would like to see added, please let us know. We do have some
requirements that should be met when adding new data collections to our
Registry, such as identifier stability (eg. between releases), and
suitably maintained data/resources. The FAQ for such requirements,
though in need of some update, can be found here:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/miriam/main/mdb?section=faq#RegistryRequirements

cheers

Nick

On 28/10/13 09:56, Camille Laibe wrote:
> Dear Maxwell,
>
> Unfortunately, there is currently no code or web services which would
> directly provide the mapping you are looking for.
> However, this is one of the new features we are working on: provide a
> way to convert between different URI schemes (such as BioPortal and
> Identifiers.org URIs). I expect this to be released early next year.
> In the meantime, you can use the XML or RDF export of the Registry [1]
> to extract this mapping.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> [1] http://www.ebi.ac.uk/miriam/main/export/
>

> On 28/10/13 02:27, Maxwell Neal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering - is there code or a web service that provides mappings
>> between BioPortal URI's to their equivalent identifiers.org
>> <http://identifiers.org> URI's?
>>
>> I'm working on a Java program that will need to convert a bunch of
>> BioPortal URI's to identifiers.org <http://identifiers.org> URI's, and
>> vice versa.
>>
>> Many thanks!

>> ---------------------------------