[bioontology-support] NCBITaxon classes failing to load and a feature request

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 28 12:01:36 PDT 2013

Hanna,

Sorry that the NCBITAXON call is having problems. We’re looking into it and should hopefully have a fix soon. Are you actually trying to traverse every class in the taxonomy? There may be another call that works if you aren’t trying to actually traverse everything.

The pageCount attribute will give you the total number of pages that are available for a particular call, which is roughly equivalent to the number of classes if you multiply by the page size. Otherwise, the metrics call is the best source of data on counts.

Paul