[bioontology-support] Missing broade/narrowerr mappings?

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 4 15:52:34 PDT 2014

Ernesto,

First, you are correct that our mapping counts are inconsistent between
the metrics and the actual mappings. I have filed a tracker issue so that
we look into this. Thanks for reporting it. The difference is huge but I
don’t really know the source of this problem.

The documentation lists types of mappings that can be created in
bioportal. For any given ontology these mappings may or may not exist. It
would not surprise me if we had no broader or narrower mappings at all
because no one has created them. We do have xref mappings but these
mappings are specific to OBO format ontologies.  In all I think that we
have about 9 million mappings. Most of these (99%) are loom mappings
(lexical matches on class names and synonyms) and are identified as
“skos:close_match”

Ray