[bioontology-support] Posting on behalf of Robert Stevens

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 11 16:54:33 PDT 2014

Robert,

The production annotator was never really a standalone system. It exists
as part of the overall BioPortal system. You can either use the public
BioPortal instance through its REST API, or you can install a BioPortal VM
at your site and run annotations against that. You can load into your VM
just the ontologies that you are interested int. If you have restricted
data or ontologies then you need to use your own VM. Otherwise you may be
able to use the public one.

Documentation for the annotator (public or VM) is available at:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation

If you want the VM then please provide us with information below and I can
point you to the download pages.

Ray

For our record keeping can you please give us the following information:
- your BioPortal user name - if you need one go to
<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new>
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new
- a one to two sentence description of your project
- why you want to use the VM rather than the public instance? For example,
do you want host non-biomedical or proprietary ontologies or annotate
private data? Do you have performance concerns?