[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jan Hudecek

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Wed Apr 16 07:21:14 PDT 2014

Name: Jan Hudecek

Email: hudecekjan at gmail.com

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new

Comment:
Hello,

I've accessed your API without having a key, I read that I have to register at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/account but when I open the link it spits out a 500 error page including the stack trace and whole server configuration, starting with

#<ActionController::Session::MemCacheStore:0x007fee62d5ec80> unable to find server during initialization. (RuntimeError)
  /srv/rails/BioPortal/shared/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/gems/actionpack-2.3.17/lib/action_controller/session/mem_cache_store.rb:20:in `initialize'

You should really get it to display just a generic server error page, this is insecure.

Regards,
Jan Hudecek