[bioontology-support] SPARQL Endpoint not showing certain relationships for OBO data

Hok Hei Tam tamhok at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 29 19:48:11 PDT 2014

Dear Bioontology Support,

I am a new user, and was testing out the SPARQL endpoint for Bioportal. I find that some of the relationships in some ontologies are missing from the SPARQL view.

Using the Adult  Mouse Anatomy (MA) ontology from OBO, I used the query

PREFIX MA:<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/MA_>

SELECT DISTINCT ?o ?p WHERE {
  MA:0002419 ?p ?o
}

I do not find any entries linking it to MA:0000127, which it should from the obo file.

id: MA:0002419
name: pancreatic islet core
synonym: "beta cell islet" RELATED []
xref: EMAPS:3565328
relationship: part_of MA:0000127 ! pancreatic islet

It only shows a subClassOf relationship to
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/.well-known/genid/33a788b7-3805-4d08-ac1b-7a77008c8926/695a2010000001a

What is this object and is this an error or am I querying incorrectly?

Thank you,

Hok Hei Tam