[bioontology-support] search and exact_match

David Park daviddpark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:02:40 PDT 2014

Good day. I am trying to leverage partial term searching.

When I access:
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=erlotinib

I get results from NDFRT, SNOMEDCT, etc.

​When I attempt:​
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=erlot

​I get no results.​

​When I explicitly set exact_match=false (which should be the default):
http://data.bioontology.org/search?exact_match=false&q=erlot

​I still see no results.

How does one conduct a search using partial word searches?

I have also attempted to specify an ontology and it does not work.​

​Partial search results seem inconsistent, as well:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=pancre
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=pancrea​

​Each query returns a single result, but the results are different. I would
expect to see the result when searching for "pancrea" included in the