[bioontology-support] Question about SNOMEDCT ontology and wildcard searching

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:04:35 PDT 2014

OK, this is very confusing. Our search guy is on vacation but I will take
this up with him when he is back next week.

The problem is that adding the “*” also brings along the requirement of
“starts with”.  This is not obvious, to put it mildly. This comes about, no
doubt, because we just the first form for general search while we use the
second form the autocomplete mechanism in the “jump to” box. Experience led
us to doing “starts with” in the autocomplete in order to get reasonable
behavior. We need to sort this out. Also its appears that the “-“ character
in the string is just ignored. I am not sure why.

It will be a couple of weeks before this is sorted out. Sorry.

Ray