[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Lynn Schriml

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 12 14:54:21 PDT 2014

Lynn,

The ontology administer sets the categories. For HDO this "person" is
listed with the BioPortal user name:

diseaseontology-discussion at lists.sourceforge.net

If you log in with this username you can set the categories for the
ontology (use the "edit ontology" link at the top of the page).

If you want me to change the administrator to another account (yours?) I
can do that as well.

Your complaint about the category list itself is valid. The category list
was gotten from some external source some time ago (lost in the mists of
time). It was never really very good. There was some talk of revising it
years ago but nothing came of it. We don't want to create our own
categories. If you could suggest a "well known list" of categories for the
biomedical domain we would consider switching over to it, though it would
take some time and effort.

Ray