[bioontology-support] missing provisional classes

Jim Balhoff balhoff at nescent.org
Fri Aug 15 10:51:10 PDT 2014

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately it's kind of hard to piece this together now; he requested new terms and replaced some of his missing ones. The creator for any of them should have been 'http://data.bioontology.org/users/phenoscape'

I am pretty sure some are missing because I can't imagine how he got those IDs into his data file otherwise. As far as I know there isn't any way to stop anyone from deleting a term, which has made me a little nervous. So anyone could have issued a DELETE request.

I wonder if it would work for you to disable DELETE for provisional terms, but instead add a field 'deprecated' that could be set to true, or something like that?

Thanks,
Jim