[bioontology-support] Virtual appliance help

loubas kgiannou at iti.gr
Tue Aug 26 02:50:43 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have used the latest bioportal virtual appliance in my pc and I encounter
two problems:

1) I have changed the email settings in bioportal_config.rb to use my gmail
account to

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
      :address              => "smtp.gmail.com",
      :port                 => 587,
      :domain               => "gmail.com",
     :user_name            => "myUserName at gmail.com", #Your user name
      :password             => "myPassword", # Your password
      :authentication       => :plain,
      :enable_starttls_auto => true
   }

but none email is sent (e.g. when I press the "Email Password Reset
Instructions").

2) The tab "Mappings" does not display any page but the message "We're sorry
but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error".

Can you please help me with these issues?
Thank you!!