[bioontology-support] URIs of classes and properties

Giorgos Bamparopoulos gbamparop at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 03:15:56 PST 2014

Dear BioPortal team,

I would like to ask how I can refer to unique classes and properties of
ontologies hosted at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ in my RDF dataset.

I am interested in the Ontology of Physical Exercises (OPE) and if I
understand correctly, all classes begin with the URI "
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/OPE?conceptid=" plus the unique ID of
each term. For example, the URI of the class “Ailment” is
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/OPE?conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.semanticweb.org%2Fontologies%2F2013%2F2%2FOPE.owl%23Ailment

Is this there a more user friendly approach to refer to that class in an
RDF statement?

Furthermore, I would like to ask how could I find the URI of an
rdf:Property in the same ontology? I tried to use the same convention but
it did not work. For example, the property canMonitor is not accessible
through the URI
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/OPE?conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.semanticweb.org%2Fontologies%2F2013%2F2%2FOPE.owl%23canMonitor

Thank you in advance,
Giorgos Bamparopoulos