[bioontology-support] REST API Ontology submission

loubas kgiannou at iti.gr
Mon Dec 8 01:03:46 PST 2014

Hi Ray,

I have used the virtual appliance in order to setup an ontology repository
for the development needs of an european project (http://www.scasefp7.eu/).
The ontologies stored in this repo do not have to do with biomedics, but
general ontologies from various application domains. After a research and
evaluation, I came out that Bioportal is the most mature framework for our
needs, thus I would like to use it in our work.
Of course, the proper citations and acknowledgements will be placed.

For our development needs, several components (Java code) should have access
to the repository for downloading, uploading and updating ontologies from/to
the repo. This is why I am asking for more details on this.

Please let me know if you need more details on our work.

Thank you and best regards,
Kostas