[bioontology-support] REST API Ontology submission

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 10 16:27:12 PST 2014

Will follow up privately on this issue.

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: bioontology-support
loubas
Sent: Monday, December 8, 2014 1:04 AM
To: bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] REST API Ontology submission

Hi Ray,

I have used the virtual appliance in order to setup an ontology repository
for the development needs of an european project
(http://www.scasefp7.eu/).
The ontologies stored in this repo do not have to do with biomedics, but
general ontologies from various application domains. After a research and
evaluation, I came out that Bioportal is the most mature framework for our
needs, thus I would like to use it in our work.
Of course, the proper citations and acknowledgements will be placed.

For our development needs, several components (Java code) should have
access to the repository for downloading, uploading and updating
ontologies from/to the repo. This is why I am asking for more details on
this.

Please let me know if you need more details on our work.

Thank you and best regards,
Kostas