[bioontology-support] Programmatic migrations and Commands of the Virtual Appliance

Jun-ichi Onami onami at biosciencedbc.jp
Mon Feb 3 23:38:31 PST 2014

Dear NCBO Support team,

Hi, We're planning to build bioportal mirror service with your new virtual
appliance.
I constructed this server on Xen virtual environment with your OVF file.

I have two questions.

1. Programmatic migrations script

I found that programmatic migrations are currently unsupported.
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Virtual_Appliance_FAQ#How_can_I_migrate_ontologies_from_BioPortal_or_previous_NCBO_Virtual_Appliance_versions_into_a_new_Appliance.3F
<http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Virtual_Appliance_FAQ#How_can_I_migrate_ontologies_from_BioPortal_or_previous_NCBO_Virtual_Appliance_versions_into_a_new_Appliance.3F>

Do you have a plan to provide Programmatic migrations script like
import_ontologies.rb utility in version1?
If so, do you have a schedule for release it?

2. Command

I tried to execute bpstart, bpstop, bprestart, and "/sbin/service 4store
start" commands, suggested in  the wiki page
<http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Category:NCBO_Virtual_Appliance#Basic_System_Administration>
.
But these services/commands were unrecognized.

Do you have any reason for it?

Sincerely,
Jun-ichi Onami

National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC)
JAPAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY (JST)
 JUNICHI ONAMI
web: http://biosciencedbc.jp/en/