[bioontology-support] specify ontologies in annotator

Willy willy.wolff at etu.unistra.fr
Mon Feb 24 10:18:49 PST 2014

Hi, i'm new in using the annotator service.

I try to annotate a text, constaint to using only specific ontologies like
this:
http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?ontologies=http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/HRDO&text=Melanoma+is+a+malignant+tumor+of+melanocytes+which+are+found+predominantly+in+skin+but+also+in+the+bowel+and+the+eye.

This is working in webbrowser.

I try using the service with java and post method with this:

PostMethod method = new PostMethod("http://data.bioontology.org/annotator");
method.addParameter("text", "Melanoma is a malignant tumor of melanocytes
which are found predominantly in skin but also in the bowel and the eye.");
method.addParameter ("ontologies",
"http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/HRDO");

If I don't add ontologies parameter is working, and result is annotation
with all ontologies, I conclude my process is correct.
But when I specify ontologies parameter, the result is empty.
Did I do something wrong?