[bioontology-support] Final Notice on NCBO BioPortal Old REST API Phaseout

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:47:47 PST 2014

Sorry Ray, I was seeing it there. I got lost in the document and saw
the sub-heading 'Search Parameters' and thought I was looking at
search.

Thanks for the clarifications and sorry for being dumb.

Overall I have to say that I'm finding the documentation page a bit
confusing. For example, can you explain what this means:

"This API uses hypermedia to expose relationships between media types.
The state of the application is driven by navigating these links."

This is literally the first sentence on the documentation page, and I
can't understand what it even relates to. Wikipedia says 'Hypermedia
is used as a logical extension of the term hypertext in which
graphics, audio, video, plain text and hyperlinks intertwine to create
a generally non-linear medium of information.' Generally I prefer
linear information, but I still don't understand how this relates to
'the state of the application'.

Cheers,
Dan.