[bioontology-support] Tools and scripts to generate mappings in a VA

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 11 15:11:57 PDT 2014

We don’t have any existing scripts that can handle mapping generation. We are working on re-engineering the way we handle mappings within the BioPortal infrastructure so that things like OBO xref and LOOM won’t be materialized, just provided as a part of a query response on the fly. Both of the cases you describe will be handled with this new process and you won’t have to run anything to get the mappings, just make the appropriate REST calls to pull them out.

This should be ready for our production system sometime in the next 2-3 months with a release to the Virtual Appliance after that.

Paul