[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator WebService

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 24 14:33:59 PDT 2014

Eugenia,

The annotation mechanism is very simple - just string matching. Thus:

- Exact_match = false means to all substring match. No mismatches allowed.

- No singular plural matching and no stemming.

I believe that you can get the behavior you call parent matching by using
the "longest only" match.

If you are creating a package for reuse by others, we ask that you create
an new account for the package (and get its own API key). That way we can
track the usage of your package independent of your personal usage.

Ray