[bioontology-support] uploading ontology

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:28:16 PDT 2014

Alexander,

After getting your email off-list, I downloaded the ontology file and was able to upload it without a problem. I’m not sure why you had issues, though perhaps you hit a timeout. One thing you can do in the future is zip your file to reduce the file size, which will decrease the likelihood of a timeout occurring.

An even better fix is to publish your ontology file to a URL. You can submit the URL to BIoPortal and we will watch the URL for changes. Any time the file is changed, we will download the new version and create a new submission for the ontology.

For now, your new submission is available as version 4 and it will be processed by the system shortly.

Best,
Paul