[bioontology-support] Account creation

Steigman, Michael MSTEIGMAN at mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 2 22:21:47 PDT 2014

Thanks, Ray. I'm all set now.

The API documentation doesn't specify how you get a key so I was poking around various pages. One of the top hits from Google was this post:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-semweb-lifesci/2011Jun/0077.html

Not sure but trying to retrace my footsteps... I think I read:

"To obtain your API Key, login to BioPortal and go to your Account page where your API Key will be displayed."

and clicked on the link at the bottom of the message to the documentation in the wiki while looking at the domain of the link and assumed that was part of the same site. I'm not super familiar with bioontology.org<http://bioontology.org> and it's components/subdomains yet and do know of some sites that are built solely on wikis so it didn't seem *that* odd at the time. In retrospect, it seems kind of silly that I missed the distinction but it probably wouldn't hurt to add a sentence to the API docs about obtaining a key.

Thanks again,

Michael