[bioontology-support] SNOMED Ontology

Robert Hausam rrhausam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:25:41 PDT 2014

There is a PERL script that is distributed with the SNOMED CT International
and US (and likely other) editions which will transform the SNOMED CT
Release Format 2 (RF2) distribution files into an OWL representation.  The
transform is included in the SNOMED CT distributions from the NLM for use
in the US.  I use it frequently, and I think it's likely the best way to
get what you're looking for.

Rob

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Ray Fergerson <ray.fergerson at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> SNOMED has a more restrictive license than most of the ontologies in
> BioPortal and we cannot make it available for download. We are only
> licensed to provide a browser. You should try the contact information on
> the BioPortal SNOMED summary page to get a copy. I know that some effort
> has gone into making SNOMED available in OWL but I am not sure if this is
> even publically available yet.
>

> Ray

Robert Hausam, M.D.
Hausam Consulting