[bioontology-support] Incorrect data returned by form autocomplete api?

Steven M. Gallo smgallo at buffalo.edu
Fri Jun 6 11:55:34 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am using the form autocomplete widget as part of REDfly and noticed a change in the data
that is returned.  When I set the field's class format to return "shortid" it now includes a url
as the value instead of the short id.  For example, "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00004729".
Previously, only FBbt:00004729 was returned.  Is this correct?

A sample of the data returned by this query:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search/json_search/FB-BT?q=wing&input=[object%20HTMLInputElement]&target_property=shortid&subtreerootconceptid=&includedefinitions=&id=&response=json&callback=jsonp1402074801313&_=1402074811063

is:

jsonp1402074801313({data:"wing|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00004729||FB-BT|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00004729|wing||~!~wing
blade|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00006015||FB-BT|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00006015|wing
blade||~!~wing
cell|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00004769||FB-BT|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00004769|wing cell||~!~wing
disc|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00001778||FB-BT|http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/FBbt_00001778|wing disc|dorsal
mesothoracic disc|

Looking at the function bpFormSelect() in form_complete.js it is executing the following code to set the
value of the form text box:

      case "shortid":
       jQuery(input).val(li.extra[0])

The values stored in li.extra are below, it seems like the first element should be the short id rather than a url?

["http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/BTO_0001463", "", "BTO", "http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/BTO_0001463", "wing", "",
"1%3A+One+of+the+movable...eans+of+limited+flight."]

--
Steve Gallo
Lead Software Engineer / Database Administrator
smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu