[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Clement Jonquet

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 23 11:37:20 PDT 2014

Thanks for reporting this. By default, we only return one class per match per ontology when using longest-only. We haven’t seen much of a use case for doing otherwise because we felt that ontologies typically wouldn’t have overlapping concepts. However, I’ve created an issue for us to investigate doing something better than choosing the first class from the results, which I believe is what we’re doing now.

Paul