[bioontology-support] Statistics within NCBO Annotator results ?

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Mon Mar 3 03:09:01 PST 2014

Hi Ray, all,

Thanks for your response. Somehow I missed it until today ;)

I understand.

Having that information is not crucial but it’s easier when playing with the
service to figure out the results

But having the whole API uniform is also important.

Will not considering the “metadata” of an \annotator call a little bit like
a \search call

e.g. http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=melanoma

Which returns :

{

page": 1,

"pageCount": 44,

"prevPage": null,

"nextPage": 2,

(
)

}

Which are some kind of metadata about the \search call.

This will allow you in the same time:

-          Paginate \annotator service results. (what’s happening currently
if the number of annotations is too big for a single page?)

-          Include some additional metadata for all services using the same
technique for all services. Somehow, this would be relevant to have the
numbers of results of a \search call, no?

Best

Clement