[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator Excel plug-in

Eamonn Maguire eamonn.maguire at st-annes.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 03:18:43 PST 2014

This email skipped under my radar, apologies.

The current version still uses the old version of the annotator. As it stands, without the update to the annotator to include the term name in the response, it’s currently not usable (too slow to then search for each term, it’s preferred name). e.g. http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?text=Melanoma+is+a+malignant+tumor+of+melanocytes+which+are+found+predominantly+in+skin+but+also+in+the+bowel+and+the+eye. - from the results here, there is no way of knowing what the actual term is - we have to do an additional query per term to figure that out - that’s way too many queries to have to do and would make the service unusable.

Is there any chance this can be updated ASAP? We’re in the process of  releasing OntoMaton 2, which uses the new bioportal services, but we haven’t updated the annotator service as of yet, until this fix is made.

Best wishes,

Eamonn