[bioontology-support] Statistics within NCBO Annotator results ?

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 4 15:30:58 PST 2014

Clement,

Search is paged because even basic queries return 1000’s of results and
often just the first page is important. Currently we do not page the
annotator results, in part because there are not so many returned classes
and in part because we suspect that people will want all of the results.
We also believe that “real” uses of the annotator would specify just a few
ontologies and this would also help to limit the returned values.

So this is our thinking. We could be wrong though and we are interested in
use cases outside of what we have considered. If we do get complaints
about the lack of paging on annotation then we could easily implement it.
Overall though paging takes a toll on the system and we want to make sure
that we need it before we implement it.

Ray