[bioontology-support] sparql endpoint

manuelso manuelso at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 5 09:19:33 PST 2014

Hi Sina,

Your apikey seems to be fine.

I am not sure if you can combine FROM and SERVICE. But  you do not need to use a SERVICE query, SERVICE should be  used for federated resources and your query is targeting only one endpoint. Something like this would the job better and faster:

PREFIX xsd:  <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
PREFIX skos:  <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>

SELECT ?x ?label
FROM <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT>
WHERE
{
?x skos:notation '372030009'^^xsd:string;
skos:prefLabel ?label.
}

Notice how I replaced the filter.

If you are using Java, to run that query you can use, as a template, the code in here:

https://github.com/ncbo/sparql-code-examples/blob/master/java/src/org/ncbo/stanford/sparql/examples/JenaARQTest.java

Manuel

PS: I hope you don’t mind me cc-ing the support list so that this gets archived. I have removed your api key from the thread.