[bioontology-support] Ontology format in new API

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:04:10 PST 2014

You can get the entire list of Ontology formats from the ontologies call
and cache them. Note that the format is a property of the submission and
not the ontology. Thus you need to traverse to the submission object to
get it. (We had problems in the old system with ontologies that started
off with submissions of one format and then switched over to another
format in subsequent releases.)

Out of curiosity, what are you using the ontology format for? I cannot
imagine a user application that would require them..

I think that you can get what you want on submissions by caching the
submission id of the latest submission. If the cache value differs from
that in the latest submission then you don't have the latest version.

Ray