[bioontology-support] [bioontology-curator] Bioportal login issues

sridevi polavaram spolavar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 03:11:05 PDT 2014

Hi Ray,
 Thanks for the response. I have switched to IE. But, i still see some
weird behavior for the requests i am making to the bioportal server.

I have created a new account by name NeuroMorpho.Org, it gave me error
message saying that Bioportal has been notified of it, but then, i did see
in the dash board that my account has been logged in anyways! This is just
FYI, but right now my account seem to be working fine. However, i cannot
create a new project. I have tried to enter the following information four
times and it failed all the time. I saw the same error message, but this
time, it was true.

Name: Neuronal Morphologies and Metadata Classification System
Acronym: NMOSp
Institution: George Mason University
Contacts: spolavar at gmu.edu
Homepage: NeuroMorpho.Org
NeuroMorpho.Org. The existing ontologies are re-used as needed as the new
metadata information for species and strains is deposited in
NeuroMorpho.Org database. This species hierarchy consists of 56% of NCBI
taxonomy and 39% of Rat strain ontology. The remaining 5% mostly consists
of new concepts and few others from NIFSTD and MESH.
Ontologies used: NCBITAXON, RS, NIFSTD, MESH

Can i please request you to upload this information and create a new
project form me. After my project is created, i want to upload my obo
ontology file (attached). Once you set this up, I would like to test the
new widget system asap.

FYI. I have many more ontologies that i want to upload subsequently, all of
them are related to NeuroMorpho.Org. Hopefully, i should be able to manage
uploading and editing them by myself.

Thank you,
Sridevi