[bioontology-support] RELATED synonyms are not working

sridevi polavaram spolavar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 04:17:25 PDT 2014

Hi,
I have noticed something different in the newly upgraded web services in
bioportal. My newly created project is now accessible via the following url:

i was browsing:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/NMOSP_1_6?p=classes

and i was testing out the autocomplete widget (especially Example 3 which
gets the preferred name for a class), but i see that synonyms tagged as
'RELATED' are not being recognized. Previously, i remember this was not the
case.

hasRelatedSynonym terms are not being picked up in the auto completion.
e.g., birds, WIP KO, roundworms,

only hasExactSynonym are working
e.g., sheep, carnivores, etc.

The OBO ontology that i have uploaded mostly has RELATED synonyms with very
important information. Is there a way to include them in my auto-complete
searches?

Thank you
Sridevi