[bioontology-support] NCBO BioPortal connection reset error

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:51:43 PDT 2014

We recently got swamped by annotation calls which bogged down the entire
system so we have installed a 15 call/second throttling on users. If you
exceed this your excess calls will fail with a  429 response. It sounds
more likely though that you were slowed down by the other guys who were
bogging down the system. You might try it again.

The batch commands does not allow you to make multiple resource index
calls. You can pass in more than one class to a RI call but the response
is for documents which are either a union or intersection of those classes
(specified by the mode parameter). This may or may not be what you want.

Ray