[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dana

Manuel Salvadores Olaizola manuelso at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:38:31 PST 2014

Hi Dana,

We are in the process of fixing the documentation page for the mappings API. In the meantime, here some instructions to retrieve mappings between BRENDA and UBERON:

The endpoint is:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings

And you need to use the "ontologies" HTTP request parameter to specify the pair of ontologies. In your case:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings/?ontologies=UBERON,BTO&apikey=YOURKEY

To iterate over all mapping pages use the page parameter:

http://data.bioontology.org/mappings/?ontologies=UBERON,BTO&page=1&apikey=YOURKEY
http://data.bioontology.org/mappings/?ontologies=UBERON,BTO&page=2&apikey=YOURKEY
http://data.bioontology.org/mappings/?ontologies=UBERON,BTO&page=18&apikey=YOURKEY

In order to get your API Key, please login to BioPortal and go to your Account page (drop-down menu item under your username in the upper right-hand corner). You will find your API Key there.

Manuel