[bioontology-support] CUI meaning

Manuel Salvadores Olaizola manuelso at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:09:44 PST 2014

Erick,

It is true that it can be confusing to see a property with no values in the CSV, that also applies to Semantic Type which is also a UMLS property. Thanks for your feedback. The main reason for this is to have always the same set of standard properties as first columns in the CSV to easy parsing across different types of ontologies. No matter if you are parsing UMLS, OWL or OBO the first 8 columns are always the same.

On a side note, we are working on a new version of the CSV files to extend the standard properties with contain all properties in the ontologies not just the standard ones that you listed in your initial email. This is going to be released very soon.

Manuel