[bioontology-support] Class equivalence in BioPortal

Erik Fäßler erik.faessler at uni-jena.de
Thu Nov 13 06:42:08 PST 2014

Dear BioPortal-Team,

in my current work with the OBOE ontology I came across the OBOE-SBC ontology in BioPortal. When I download this ontology and open it in Protege, I see that there are some equivalence relations in there, for example “Hectopascal is equivalent to Millibar”. However, when I browse the ontology within the BioPortal homepage, I don’t see anything hinting to this equivalence. Is BioPortal somehow expressing this equivalence relation or can I only get it by parsing the downloadable OWL file? I did not find a respective mapping, either. Can this information be retrieved using the REST API somehow?

Thank you and best regards,

Erik