[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Viviana

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Thu Nov 13 09:03:39 PST 2014

Dear Viviana,

To the best of my knowledge dealing with multilingual ontologies in
BioPortal is not trivial and not really implemented. Ray will confirm and/or
provide details.

To tackle this issue, in the context of the SIFR project

http://www.lirmm.fr/sifr/

(in Montpellier, France), in collaboration with NCBO,

We are working on dealing with multilingual ontologies in BioPortal and
implementing a French version of the Annotator. Actually, I would love to
extend our research to other languages, but I don’t have any contacts to get
biomedical ontologies/terminologies in Spanish (except a couple in BioPortal
taken from UMLS I think).

If you’re interested, we can continue offline on this aspect if you like.

Best regards

CJ

Dr. Clement JONQUET  -  PhD in Informatics  -  Assistant Professor

PI of the SIFR project <http://www.lirmm.fr/sifr/> : Semantic Indexing of
French Biomedical Data Resources (ANR, UM2, CNRS, IBC)

Organizer of Web Science Montpellier
<http://www.meetup.com/webscience-montpellier/>  Meetup

jonquet at lirmm.fr <mailto:jonquet at lirmm.fr>

http://www.lirmm.fr/~jonquet

                University of Montpellier                          Tel:
+33/4 67 14 97 43

                LIRMM
Fax:                     +33/4 67  41 85 00

                161 rue Ada
Skype:                 clementpro
                34095 Montpellier Cdx 5                            Twitter:
@jonquet_lirmm <http://twitter.com/jonquet_lirmm>

                France
Google:               jonquet.lirmm at gmail.com
<mailto:jonquet.lirmm at gmail.com>