[bioontology-support] Class equivalence in BioPortal

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 13 15:31:02 PST 2014

Erik,

It is the case that we do not try to display anything with handle equivalent
classes now. There are two cases. The first, simpler case, is to handle
"class-A is-equivalent-to class-b". The second is "class-A is-equivalent to
...some class expression...

Currently BioPortal does nothing with class expressions. We do actually
partially handle the first case though. (In the details for class A you can
see "is-equivalent-to" class B.). It is not really clear how often this
first case comes up though. Certainly the second case is much more common.

Do you have a situation where you commonly have equivalent classes without a
class expression?

Ray