[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Sabry Razick

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Tue Nov 18 01:25:59 PST 2014

Name: Sabry Razick

Email: sabryr at gmail.com

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Comment:
Using Bioportal URL as reference.
Can you please let me know whether it is possible to refer to an Ontology term using a Bioportal URL.
E.g. to refer to the term "Normal anatomy" from SNOMEDCT can I use the URL http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/361083003

This is question about persistence, will the above term get the same ID in a further build of Bioportal or if the original ontology changed ?. If you can please also let me know how you generate this id (i.e. is it an id assigned internally for instance a auto_increment in database)