[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Viviana

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 21 14:44:39 PST 2014

Viviana,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The annotation system should
handle Spanish characters now. As Clement pointed out, this used to not
work but it was fixed some time ago.

Also note that the system will now annotate on “views”. Some ontologies
(but not SNMI) have translations into difference languages as views. In
the past we could not annotate on these either, not because of the
language but because of the modeling as a view. This is fixed as well.
Unfortunately the BioPortal annotator demo UI does not support this
feature (annotate on view) but there is a parameter on the web service
that does so.

I’m not an expert on SNMI but, poking around, I cannot actually find any
Spanish characters in it. Can you point me at an SNMI term in Spanish that
fails to annotate?

Thanks.

Ray