[bioontology-support] RadLex and the Bioportal API

Teri Sippel Schmidt teri.sippel at karoshealth.com
Wed Nov 26 18:11:01 PST 2014

Hello Bioportal Support folks,
Sorry to bother you the night before Thanksgiving, but we have a big show,
RSNA, opening up (set up begins) on this Friday, Nov 28th.... and we had
developed open source software that we have given to the RSNA and were
introducing at this show.  (Dr. Curt Langlotz, Dr. Chuck Kahn, and Dr.
Daniel Rubin are our points of contact, if that helps.)

It seems that possibly the RadLex API has changed recently?

For the last several weeks, we have been able to query the bioportal and
search for strings which were returned with RadLex codes.   Now, if we
remove the restriction in the query to return only RadLex codes, then we do
get results from other ontologies (but not RadLex).

Is there any chance to use the slightly older API still?   If the API
changed, could we get information regarding the changes?

Is there any chance that we could get this information on this Friday, Nov
28th (sorry!!!!)?

THANK YOU!
And, Happy Thanksgiving,
Teri