[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Sai Lakshmi Subramanian

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Fri Oct 10 11:19:55 PDT 2014

Name: Sai Lakshmi Subramanian

Email: sailakss at bcm.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Comment:
Hi,

We have been using the Bioportal API for dynamically retrieving ontologies.
I would like to report this issue:
This search:
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=Parkinson's&ontology=NCIT&apikey={API-KEY}
returns "Parkinson's disease"

However, searching under the Disease, Disorder or Finding subtree_root doesn't find Parkinson's disease, although Parkinson's is nested under that subtree:
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=Parkinson*&ontology=NCIT&apikey={API-KEY}&subtree_root=http%3A%2F%2Fncicb.nci.nih.gov%2Fxml%2Fowl%2FEVS%2FThesaurus.owl%23C7057

If I search for "Parkinson's" in the Bioportal UI in the "Jump To:" search box, I do not see the exact term "Parkinson's Disease" in the list of terms.
Can you please look into this?

Thanks,
Sai

Bioinformatics Research Lab