[bioontology-support] NCBO Virtual Applicance: Internal Server Error

mikayla-grace at studio.urban-warrior.org mikayla-grace at studio.urban-warrior.org
Thu Aug 13 10:20:46 PDT 2015

We're using the NCBO Virtual Appliance v2.4.  It fails if we use the subtree_root_id parameter with a high level term (such as C7057 – Disease, Disorder or Finding, which represents a big branch of terms).

Success:

   http://bioontology.virginimage.org:8080/search?q=biology&ontology=NCIT&require_exact_match=true&apikey=***

   http://bioontology.virginimage.org:8080/search?q=biology&ontology=NCIT&require_exact_match=true&apikey=***&subtree_root_id=C77140

C77140 is a much narrower term.

Fail:

   http://bioontology.virginimage.org:8080/search?q=biology&ontology=NCIT&require_exact_match=true&apikey=***&subtree_root_id=C7057

With this URl, we consistently receive an "Internal Server Error".  The same URI works fine with the bioportal.bioontology.org server.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Thanks,
Mikayla Grace
bio-ontology at virginimage.org