[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Nicolas Le Novere

Ray Fergerson rayferg at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 26 15:03:41 PDT 2015

Nicolas,

OK, I think that I know what went wrong. We have been updating all ontology sources to use the download link from the latest OBO Foundry "ontologies.txt" files. This file is available at:

http://obo-registry.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/metadata/ontologies.txt

As you can see, this file indicates that the latest version of MAMO is downloadable at:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mamo-ontology/code/13/tree/trunk/mamo-xml.owl

In most cases for OBO ontologies, updating to the ontologies.txt download link is the right thing to do and gets the correct file. Perhaps for you this link is out of date for some reason.

Best would be if you could provide us by email a URL where we could always get the latest version of MAMO. It would be wise to have the ontologies.txt file updated as well. This would require contacting the OBO team that manages this file. This later would prevent any additional confusion.

If there is no URL for the latest version then we can shift you over to "manual" update and you can upload the file whenever you would like.

Ray