[bioontology-support] removing ontology from VM

Xin He xin.he at ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 07:49:25 PST 2015

Hi,

Is there any documentation about updating existing ontology in VM? I tried
to upload the new version with the 'Edit submission information' page from
the ontology UI  but it seems that the VM somehow keep the old version. I
found out this because when I query the Annotator with this ontology, I get
the terms from the old version and the new version. Did I do something
wrong? What should be the right way to update an ontology in the VM?

Since I fail to update my notology, I then followed the process (
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Virtual_Appliance_FAQ#How_do_I_delete_an_ontology.3F)
to remove the ontology from my VM, hoping that I can submit the new version
with the same ontology name. I use the 'Submit New Ontology' from the UI
and use the same ontology name, then right after I click the 'create
ontology' link, before I upload the ontology file, I can query the
Annotator for that ontology and get the same result as before(old + new
terms). It seems that the VM still keep these data even after I remove the
ontology. When I  create a new one with the same name, the VM will point it
to the old one.  I tried restarting the VM but it did not help. Any help on
this?

I am using the NCBO-VM 2.2

Many thanks,
Xin